There is a saying that ‘Everything we do leaves an impression on us. Be it Conversations with people or playing with kids, each of them teaches us something. Every experience gives us an insight and fosters something positive inside for our growth. As we consider what role does cricket play in cultivating the spirit of sportsmanship, let’s try and understand the meaning of the word and how in daily life we find It being manifested.
Sportsmanship now called Sportspersonship owing to gender neutrality is an aspiration that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its own sake not just to compete rather as a fruitful learning activity for oneself and opponents.
What Are The Benefits of Sportsmanship?
By inculcating the spirit of Sportspersonship, one learns respect for others and self-control. These skills can help us to live life efficiently and an integrated manner.
In the Article further we will read about benefits of cricket in general for kids and how it as one of common sports played in parks/ streets by our young ones has the capacity to foster Sportspersonship.
Why is Cricket Important For Students?
1. Stamina -Chasing the ball to save crucial runs especially helps in building stamina.
2. Endurance -Whether it’s a fun game on streets by kids or an organized one at school, every game of cricket has long played sessions. Cricket teaches one to remain active and agile for long cricketing sessions which builds the body’s endurance to withstand wear and tear.
3. Balance - For playing cricket, both physical and mental balance of the body comes into play. In fact, balance is the core of any athletic ability because it controls all other body movements.
4. Hand-Eye Coordination - a child, development of the skill of coordinated hand and eye movementis very necessary and a development milestone, therefore it helps in the overall development and balance of the body.
Now, comes to the question that how does cricket foster Sportsmanship and What values added to this does cricket teach our kids?
The Sport Has Much to Teach us: Here Are Some of The Life Lessons We Can Make Our Children Learn From Cricket.
- Sportsmanship- Cricket involve partnering with the other individual, team work, negotiations, problem solving, decision making, and leadership which all accounts for the idea of Sportsmanship.
- Patience:We look for wins in limited time, but cricket teaches us that time indulgence is necessary and fruitful in longer term.
- Lasting Personal Relationships: Cricket involves coordination, team work, management of a team, communication and social skills. It teaches the children ad adults that Communication helps us navigate in life and sports.